Wednesday, September 28, 2011

first recipe. lasagna primavera.

My first recipe, lasagna primavera. Yes, very simple to make and oh so colorful. I used a recipe from my Betty Crocker Vegetarian cook book.

List of items as follows:
  • 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 3 cups of frozen broccoli florets, thawed
  • 3 large carrots, coarsely shredded
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
  • 2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 container (15 oz) ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 2 containers (10 oz each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
  • 1 bag (16 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese (4 cups)
I began by boiling the noodles, meanwhile the oven was being preheated. I chopped and mixed the veggies. My next step was to do the cheese mix with ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and one egg. Once everything was ready, I began layering it all. Pretty simple. You begin with Alfredo sauce. Go onto the noodles. Then follows the cheese mix. Top it off with the veggies and mozarella cheese. Repeat for two more layers.

What I found most challenging was being unorganized. I was not very well prepared. I knew I was cooking tonight and so I felt kind of rushed. The end product, lasagna primavera. Pretty good, I must say.

No comments:

Post a Comment